It doesn’t matter who you are, where you come from, or what your background …
Williamstown Church of Christ is a church where people from all walks of life
can come and encounter Jesus.
Due to Covid19 we’re currently unable to meet in person but we’re still meeting regularly online.
If you’d like to join in our Sunday Church Online at 10am on Sunday please click here.
If you would like to watch our recent Church Online please visit our YouTube channel.
We have 9 online Connect Groups meeting via Zoom until it is appropriate for us to gather face to face once again. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
We have a closed Facebook group for our Sunday community which we use to equip you with resources as groups and individuals.
Whilst our Helping Hand Cafe meal ministry has been suspended until further notice, $5 hampers thanks to our new ‘Helping Hand Hampers’ team are available at the church from 11am-1pm on Tuesdays.
Our Inner West mainly music ministry has also moved online until further notice and we are providing weekly online video sessions to our mainly music families.
We are committed to offering pastoral support and care in this time. If this is you, please contact email@example.com
Even while we are physically distant, we are committed to being a community that spiritually and relationally draws close to one another and to God in prayer and encouragement.
Williamstown Church of Christ Ministry Team
The outbreak of the Coronavirus presents an opportunity for us to show the love of Jesus and make a positive impact on our community in the face of difficult times.
As a Church, guided by advice issued by Churches of Christ Vic-Tas this week, we are taking some practical steps to reduce the risk of spreading the virus and ensure we provide a safe worship environment for all of our community, particularly for those who are most vulnerable or at risk.
Series: Live Different: Authentic Faith in a Complex World
Theme: ‘Called to Live Different’
Sunday 9 August 2020
Connect Group Discussion Questions:
– In Luke 9:23 Jesus says these words: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me.” What is God teaching you in this time about what it means to follow Him?
– Megan invited us this week to see this season of stage 4 lockdown with intention and purpose, as a time to find our hope and our strength in our God-given identity, to take hold of the call to follow Jesus in these strange times and to live different, set-apart lives, lives of blessing and peace. What is one way you are you seeking to live differently (to that of our surrounding culture) in this time?
– In Luke 9:24-25 in The Message translation we read Jesus’ words, “Don’t run from suffering; embrace it. Follow me and I’ll show you how. Self-help is no help at all. Self-sacrifice is the way, my way, to finding yourself, your true self.” How does Jesus’ invitation speak to you today?
– A leader or group member may like to lead the group in this Prayer of Surrender: Lord Jesus, thank you that you have called each of us to follow you. In this moment, in this season of lockdown, may your Spirit motivate and help us to live lives that are distinct. Give us your courage, strengthen us when we feel weary or disheartened and remind us to surrender all we are and all we have to you, daily. In your name we pray, Amen.
– You may also like to pray the Prayer of Thomas A Kempis as you close, as an act of surrendering your lives once again to Jesus. As thou wilt, what thou wilt, when thou wilt. Amen.
Series: Pray Like This
Theme: ‘Spiritual Warfare’
Sunday 2 August 2020
View Resources here from The Prayer Course